- food processor or blender
- 1 medium head Napa Cabbage
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 to 6 Tbsp Korean red pepper flakes aka gochugaru
- 1 small Carrot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 to 5 Green onions
- 2 Tbsp Cane sugar
- 1/4 of an Onion
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- Slice Cabbage into 1 inch or bite size pieces. Add to a bowl and add salt and massage cabbage pieces with salt for a few minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a food processor or blender add red pepper flakes, carrots, garlic, green onions, can sugar, onion, ginger, and enough water to get things moving in the blender then blend into a paste.
- Add paste mixture to cabbage and mix throughly. Add to clean jars and let sit in the fridge for a few days( you can start eating right away but it gets better over time) Can keep refrigerated up to a month
Sodium: 28690mg | Calcium: 837mg | Vitamin C: 260mg | Vitamin A: 18276IU | Sugar: 43g | Fiber: 20g | Potassium: 2881mg | Calories: 348kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 15g | Carbohydrates: 76g | Iron: 7mg