- pot w/ lid
- Cutting Board
- Baking sheet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 can Chickpeas drained rinsed, and dried
- 1/4 tsp Basil dried
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder powder
- salt To taste
- pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Leafy greens Your choice
- 3/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Feta Broken up
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives Cut in half
- 1/2 cup hummus homemade or store-bought
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Take a can of chickpeas, drain, rinse and rub dry and try to remove as many skins as you dry.
- Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Roast in an oven at 400F for 30 minutes, stirring and turning then pan occasionally, until golden and crunchy. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Prep and chop all your vegetables.
- Combine quinoa and water in a pan on medium high heat and bring to a bowl. Once water is to a bowl bring heat to low and let cook on low for 20 minutes, fluff with a fork.
- Lay greens in the bottom of a bowl, arrange tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, chickpeas, and quinoa. Top with hummus and lime juice. Serve and enjoy!
- You can add tofu to this bowl and just cube it and put on the same baking sheet as chickpeas. Bake for 30 minutes and add same seasoning or what ever you want.
Sodium: 392mg | Calcium: 47mg | Vitamin C: 65mg | Vitamin A: 694IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 5g | Potassium: 421mg | Calories: 184kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 7g | Carbohydrates: 23g | Iron: 2mg