- Food Processor
- 3 cups pinto beans cooked
- 1 small-medium onion finely diced
- 1-2 jalapeño finely diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp tomaoto bullion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth More or less for desired consistency
- 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, peppers, and a pinch of salt to the pot. Sauté them until the onions and peppers begin to soften and turn translucent, which should take about five minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato powder, cumin, and chili powder to the pot. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Transfer the cooked onions, peppers, and spices to a food processor or blender. Add beans and vegetable broth.
- Blend the mixture until you achieve your desired consistency. If you don't have a blender or food processor, you can use a potato masher to mash the beans and combine them with the other ingredients.
- Once you have the desired consistency, stir in the lime juice.
- Taste the bean mixture and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more salt or spices according to your preference.
- Serve the Mexican-style bean side dish as a tasty accompaniment to a Mexican-themed breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Note: You can customize the recipe by adding additional spices or herbs such as paprika, oregano, or cilantro, depending on your taste preferences. This dish can be enjoyed as a side, spread on tortillas, or used as a dip with tortilla chips.