- Stand mixer
- tart tin
- baking beans or beads
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup nut milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan Greek style yogurt
- 7 Oz vegan cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup plain flour
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp nut milk
- 1-2 cups Raspberries to fill the top of tart
- In a bowl combine the flour, butter, sugar, salt and nut milk. Gently knead the dough into a smooth ball and wrap the dough in cling film or place it in an air tight container and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your ove to 350. Lightly grease the base and sides of a round 9in tart tin or several small tart tins with oil or vegan butter.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the chilled dough so that it is an inch or so larger than the tart tin you are using. Carefully life the pastry over your tin/s and use your fingers to gently ease the pastry into the side of the tin.
- Cut around the edges if needed and try to get the sides as smooth as possible. Pierce several holes into the base of the pastry using a fork.
- Blind bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove your baking beans and bake for another 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Take out and set to cool to room temperature.
- Zest and juice the lemons.
- Add the soy milk, sugar, and cornstarch to a saucepan and whisk until smooth with no lumps. Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk again to combine.
- Bring lemon curd to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the mixture is thicken enough to coat a spoon. Remove from heat add your vegan butter and completely mix until you have a smooth curd. Allow it to come to room tempature.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl. Using and electric whisk or a stand mixer whip it on low speed for a minute or two until it becomes light and airy.
- Add the lemon curd in increments and whisk to combine each time.
- Add the Greek Style yogurt and whisk until evenly incorporated.
- Pour filling into a cooled tart base and place it in the fridge to set for about 3 hours.
- Once tart is set take the raspberries and place them on top of the tart covering the top of the tart. Serve and enjoy.