- 1 1/4 cup butter milk combine dairy free milk with apple cider vinegar
- 3 2/3 cup all purpose flour gluten free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup butter vegan and soften
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans coconut cream chilled in fridge overnight
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp arrowroot starch as needed for desired thickness
- blueberries optional
- strawberries sliced
- shaved chocolate dark or white optional
- coconut flakes optional
White Cake Instructions
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients flower, baking powder and soda.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. After a few minutes scrap down sides and add in apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined and slowly add flour mixture and butter milk until smooth and well combined.
- Add batter into a pan and bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- allow cakes to completely cool before adding frosting.
- Remove the thickened coconut cream from cans and place into a stand mixer bowl. Discard coconut water.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla. Whip on high until cream in light and fluffy. If frosting isn’t firming up as desired add the arrowroot starch and whip to desired thickness.
- Add to the top of your cooled down cake and top with desired toppings. Serve and enjoy!