- Cutting Board
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes diced
- 1 white onion diced, reserve 1/3 for topping
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels fresh, frozen, or canned
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup TVP ( textured vegetable protein)
- tortilla chips
- avocado diced
- radishes sliced
- lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and salt to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until the onions have softened.
- Add the cumin, oregano, chili powder, and garlic to the pot and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pot and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the water, beans, and TVP to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the stew for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded together and the TVP has softened.
- After simmering the soup for 20 minutes, add corn and coconut cream to the pot.
- Stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes until the corn is tender and the soup is heated through.
- Ladel into bowls and top with your desired garnishes. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Remember to adjust the seasoning to taste and add more liquid if it becomes too thick. This hearty and flavorful soup is perfect for a cozy dinner or lunch.