- pot w/ lid
- sautée pan
- Cutting Board
- 2 cups uncooked short grain rice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 3 eggs whisked and cooked into a flat sheet, then sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into match sticks
- 1 pickled radish cut into match stick
- 10 seaweed sheets
More Optional Ingredients
- sautéed spinach
- ham sliced
- seasoned beef stir fried
- seasoned fish cakes stir fried
- To prepare the rice, rinse the rice thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer until the water runs clear. Add the rice, sesame oil, salt, and water to a pot with a lid and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover the pot with the lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking and cooling, prepare your filling by cutting and sautéing any vegetables or meat you will be using. Once the rice has cooled, use a fork to fluff it up.
- To assemble the rolls, soak a rice paper sheet in warm water until it becomes pliable. Lay the sheet on a flat surface and add a thin layer of rice over about 3/4 of the sheet, leaving the top part of the sheet empty. Add your filling along the bottom of the rice-covered portion of the sheet. Roll the rice paper tightly, tucking in the filling as you go. Repeat with the remaining sheets and filling.
- Slice the rolls into bite-sized pieces and serve with soy sauce for dipping. Enjoy your tasty and nutritious Korean-style rice paper rolls.