- pot w/ lid
- 6 Lbs pork bones with a little meat on them, pork neck bones work as well
- 1 onion peeled and halved
- 4 Oz white mushrooms sliced
- Place the pork brown in a large stock pot and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a rolling boil over medium high heat. At this point a huge mess of scum will form.
- Revome from heat. Dump the water and carefully rinse all the bones under cold running water.
- Return the bones to the stock pot. Cover the bones with cold water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the mushrooms and onion and maintain a rolling boil for 12 hours, replenishing the water along the way. You want to keep the bones under water the whole time. It’s best to cover the pot for this or you’ll be adding water every 30 minutes.
- After 12 hours, remove the stock from the heat and cool slightly. Remove the bones with a slotted spoon and strain the stock.
- The stock will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or can be frozen at this point.
- Serve over noodles and what ever toppings(Pork, corn, spinach, bok choy, soft boiled egg, chili garlic oil) you wish.