- Sheet Tray
- Food Processor
- 1 can chickpeas drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 red beets Washed, tops and bottoms cut off and diced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup goat cheese half for garnish
- 1/4 cup green onions Half for garnish
- walnuts Chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. On a sheet tray add diced beets, and drizzle 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil over them. Roast beets for 15 minutes then add your can of chickpeas and continuing roasting for another 10 minutes.
- Pull your roasted chickpeas and beets and place into a food processor. Add remaining olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, half of your goat cheese and green onions.
- Blend until smooth. Add hummus to a dish and top with goat cheese, green onions and walnuts. Serve with vegetables or pita.