- Cutting Board
- 4 medium onions diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp honey you can use more or less
- 1 tsp thyme optional
- In a bowl toss together diced onions and salt and let set at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes.
- In a skillet heat oil and add the diced onions with any liquid that has macerated. Cook over medium high heat until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10-20 minutes.
- Add black pepper and thyme to onions. Lower heat to medium low.
- Add balsamic vinegar and honey to onions and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- After about 20 minutes increase heat and cook until thick and a jam like texture. Stir frequently as to not let mixture stick or burn to pan.
- Can be eaten right away or stored in an airtight container in refrigerator, up to two weeks. Is great on sandwiches, toast, salads, meats, vegetables, etc.
Sodium: 4692mg | Calcium: 149mg | Vitamin C: 36mg | Vitamin A: 115IU | Sugar: 100g | Fiber: 8g | Potassium: 821mg | Calories: 549kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 6g | Carbohydrates: 127g | Iron: 2mg