- Cutting Board
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes or 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4-5 cups broth (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the onions until they are fragrant and translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the cashews, tomatoes, oregano, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and taste the soup. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup in the pot until it’s smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a stick blender, transfer the soup carefully to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Then, return the soup to the pot.
- Serve the soup hot in bowls and enjoy!