- 2 cups rice cakes soak in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 cups fish cakes sliced Into bite size rectangles
- 4 stalks green onions sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp Korean chili paste (gochujang)
- 2 cups soup stock chicken, vegetable, beef, kelp and anchovy, ect.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- sesame seeds garnish
- sesame oil garnish
- hard boiled eggs garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the soup stock, chili paste, chili flakes, soy sauce, garlic, and cane sugar.
- Add the mixture to a pot and bring it to a boil. Simmer for about 4 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the soaked rice cakes and fish cakes to the pot and boil for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the green onions and simmer for another minute.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, sesame oil, and hard-boiled eggs if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Tteokbokki!