- Cutting Board
- 1 Carrot, large chopped
- 2 cups Kale chopped
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Zucchini chopped
- 1 Broccoli A small to medium sized head broken up
- 1.5 cups Celery chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1.5 cups White Wine You can choose how much you use, I used just enough to wet all the vegetables, which was about 1 cup. Also if you don’t have white wine red would do just fine and be just as yummy.
- Water Enough to cover your vegetables completely. I usually fill my pot about two fingers higher than the vegetables to allow extra water to evaporate and to still leave a lot of broth. You can always add more later if needed.
- 3 cups Broth
- 1 to 2 cup Pasta I like orzo or tubettini pasta, but i've made it with larger pasta like elbow macaroni, Gemelli, orecchiette or any gluten free pasta.
- .5 cup Parmigiano Cheese Mixed in the soup and some for garnish
- 1 cup Pancetta Cooked and chopped to add on top of bowls.
- In a large stock pot cook chopped up pancetta until about ¾ cooked. Then throw in onions, garlic, celery, carrots and saute until onions are translucent. Toss in the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta)and bring to a bowl. Once at a boil bring down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.(during this time I like to prepare the polpettes) After it has simmered for 20 minutes add the browned polpette and cup of pasta and continue to cook soup for another 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Serve and top with pecorino or parmigiano cheese.
- In a large stock pot on medium high heat, heat up butter or oil and sauté onions, garlic, celery, and carrots until onions are translucent.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta and cheese) and bring to a boil. Once at a boil bring down heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- After it has simmered for 20 minutes add in your pasta and cook soup for another 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Mix in cheese(saving some to top with) then serve and enjoy
- Optional you can add chopped pancetta to soup bowls.
Sodium: 557mg | Calcium: 226mg | Vitamin C: 127mg | Vitamin A: 4995IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 910mg | Cholesterol: 47mg | Calories: 425kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Fat: 25g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 26g | Iron: 2mg