- sauce pan
- 1/2 cup sour cherries
- 2 cups nut milk of choice
- 1/2 water
- 1 cup steal cut oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp all spice ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- In a medium saucepan, combine the 2 cups of nut milk and 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, add in 1 cup of steel cut oats, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of ginger, 1/4 tsp of allspice, and 1/4 tsp of salt, stirring to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Half way through cooking the oats add in your cherries.
- After 20 minutes, check the oatmeal to see if it has reached your desired consistency. If it is still too watery, let it cook for a few more minutes until it thickens up.
- Once the oatmeal is cooked, remove it from the heat. If desired, add 1 Tbsp of maple syrup for extra sweetness.
- Serve hot and enjoy your flavorful oatmeal with a twist!
- I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy breakfast recipe.