- Cutting Board
Beet Dressing Ingredients
- 1 medium beet cleaned, peeled, and cooked
- 2-3 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp onion minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-3 Tbsp water for consistency
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup feta cheese or goat cheese
- 4 stalks green onions chopped
- 1/2 apple chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions optional
- 1/4 cup cherry tomaotes cut in half
- 1/4 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- Start by cleaning the beet. Remove any dirt or debris from the surface. You can trim off the beet greens if they are still attached, as they are not needed for this recipe.
- Place the cleaned beet in a pot of boiling water. Make sure there is enough water to completely cover the beet. Boil the beet until it is fork-tender, which usually takes about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the beet. You can check for doneness by inserting a fork into the beet; if it goes through easily, it's done.
- Once the beet is cooked, remove it from the pot and let it cool. Once it's cool enough to handle, peel the skin off using your hands or a knife. The skin should come off easily.
- Cut the peeled beet into smaller pieces and place it in a blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients to the blender or food processor.
- Blend everything until smooth, creating a beet dressing. If the dressing is too thick, you can add a bit of water to thin it out.
- In a large bowl, combine your salad ingredients.
- Pour the beet dressing over the salad ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly, ensuring that the dressing coats all the salad ingredients.
- Serve the beet salad as a side dish to a meal, or enjoy it as a standalone meal itself.
- Note: You can adjust the quantities of the dressing ingredients to suit your taste preferences. Feel free to experiment with other ingredients or additions to the salad as well.