- pot w/ lid
- Blender Immersion blender stick
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower rough chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup cashews
- 4-6 cups broth or stock
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tsp thyme
- Prep broccoli, by chopping up stems and cutting flower tops. Put flower tops on a baking sheet with a little oil and salt and bake for 15 minutes. Take out and set aside for later.
- In a pot sauté onions and garlic until fragrant. Add salt, pepper, thyme, broccoli stems, cauliflower, carrots, peas, cashews and half of your broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Pour soup back into pot and if need to be thin out soup with more broth. Add broccoli tops and cheese to soup and stir until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy.