- Baking sheet tray
- Cutting Board
- 2 medium beets Peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ears corn cleaned
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 3 cups leafy greens of choice
- 1/4 cup red onions sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp cherry compote or a cherry jam
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup rotisserie chicken optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay out your cut up beets. Roast in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until they are fork-tender.
- While the beets are roasting, bring a pot of water to a boil and boil your corn on the cob for 10 minutes. You can either cook them under a broiler to get a nice color or cook them on the grill for a few minutes. Once cooked, peel the corn off the cob.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, cherry compote, salt, and black pepper to make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mixed greens, roasted beets, grilled corn, crumbled goat cheese, sliced red onion, and dressing.
- Serve as a side dish or for a yummy lunch!