- Large pot
- Food Processor
- knife and cutting board
Panang Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds toasted
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds toasted
- 1/2 Tbsp black peppercorns toasted
- 5 cardamom pods toasted
- 2 stalks lemongrass finely chopped
- 2 small shallots minced
- 5 kefir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1 galangal finely chopped
- 5-8 cloves garlic
- 4 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 fresh Thai red chili deseeded
- 3 Tbsp peanuts
- 3-5 dried red chilis Deseeded and soaked in water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 box tofu cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Panang curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 kefir lime leaves
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 10 Thai basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- crushed peanuts garnish
- In a food processor blend together all the paste ingredients until it becomes well incorporated and a paste like consistency.
- In a large pot heat oil and saute curry paste for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in your coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, kefir lime leaves, half of your basil and your vegetables. Simmer while stirring occasionally until vegetables become slightly tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Optional…. I like to add my cubed tofu into and air fryer or oven to make crispy but you don’t have to.
- At this point when vegetables become soft add in your tofu and lime juice. And cook for another 2 minutes. Top with crushed peanuts and remain Thai basil. Serve with a side of rice and enjoy!