The US has a chronic disease problem:
- 6 out of 10 US adults have a chronic disease
- 4 out of 10 have two or more!
- 66% of all Americans take prescription drugs
- 42.4% of Americans are obese
- Diabetes affects 34.2 million Americans and is on the rise
- An estimated 1.8 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer this year.
- Heart disease affects 125 million Americans and accounts for 42.1% of deaths
- Deaths from Alzheimer’s disease are up 125% since 2000
- 47 million Americans will experience some form of mental illness this year
Americans are spending nearly 20% of GDP on healthcare to get the subpar results listed above and frankly, it’s embarrassing, it’s not getting better, and it affects you and your loved ones both directly through disease, and indirectly through higher health costs. The worst part? These diseases are preventable and share a common root cause…